Monday, May 25, 2009

Forever Yours 4

I decided not to tell anyone since I obviously couldn’t tell my best friend Manal or Reem since she was Ghaith’s sister. I was seriously considering this offer since my father was pressuring me into changing my major to finance which I hated. This must be what Cinderella felt like when her fairy godmother showed up granting all her wishes but, even that came with strings attached. I knew Ghaith was a perfect gentleman and since he went for Manal’s type I knew he would never think of me in that way but it felt like a trap, what if you fall in love with someone else, I thought to myself. But part of me knew that wasn’t likely since I never fell for a guy before, unlike Manal I was so anti-love.

I was never interested in the guys Manal tried to get me to go out with so we could “double date” as she called it. I didn’t approve of her ways and never kept that a secret from her, we were an odd couple of friends but we were childhood friends and we always stuck together. She understood that my outward snobbery was just a mask hiding my shyness and I knew that her rebellion was a stab at her parents for getting a divorce. Everyone at school judged us at face value and we didn’t care. The whole Ghaith debacle was the last straw for our fragile friendship, we were growing apart especially as graduation was nearing and Manal was planning on studying at AUS.

My phone rang distracting me from my thoughts. It was Manal calling; I hesitated and reluctantly picked up.
“Deeeeeema! Intee wayn I called you a million times ya shireera, laish ma treden 3alaya?”
“Halla Manal, Ummm I’ve been busy” I said, not bothering to make up an excuse.
“Ha Ha! Oh come on Sweetie what’s keeping you so busy in AD?” She said sarcastically.
That hurt, as if I couldn’t do anything interesting without her.
“Well actually it’s good you called, Barkeely 7beebty I’m getting married”
“What?!”
“Yeah it all happened so suddenly” I laughed one of her super fake laughs, ignoring the shock I heard “It’s someone you know actually… Ghaith, we kind of hit it off when you left and we’ve been inseparable since, he even insisted we get married before he leaves for the UK so we can study there together, isn’t that adorable?”
“Umm Deema I have to go” She said and hung up.
I knew she’d call Ghaith to interrogate him, but I was sure he wouldn’t answer anyway. Or would he?
I didn’t have his number and had no patience for an online conversation; I needed to talk to him now.

3 comments:

M said...

hahah zain sawat feha.. bs i hate seeing friendships being broken.. there's something special about high school friendships..

Hend said...

nicely written i am following :>

Cuteandcuddly said...

oh 7aram that will ruin their friendship but Ghiath is a caught right and he is a gentlemen.

She will be insane not to take him.

I am totally hating Manal i think she is selfish. She was suppose to be happy for her friend after all she didnt want him right.

okay enough said :)
walla love where the story is going and thanks for the spaces !!!!!!!!!!!!!

walla you are so kind :)
cant wait for the next one