Friday, May 22, 2009

Forever Yours 1

I never thought this day would come or that I would ever feel this way towards Him, my husband, and the man that should have been my prince charming but turned up as my fairy godmother instead. I was in love with him and that was a fact that I couldn’t ignore anymore.
"No! This can’t be happening to me! This isn’t what I planned”


The Beginning


I woke up to hear someone knocking hurriedly on my door.
“I’m asleep! Go away!”
“Is this anyway to greet your best friend who has some very important news to tell you?”
“Best friends know not to wake me up before noon on the first day of my summer holiday” I said as I reluctantly got up and opened the door to find Manal standing there in all her glory, silky abaya fluttering around her slim frame, in her fuchsia skinny jeans and baby blue tee. Her highlighted blond locks caught in a lazy puffed do, that I knew took ages to get right.
“Aren’t you a little overdressed for a casual visit?”
“7abeebty if you think this effort is for you intee ‘3al6ana, I’m all dressed up because were going out, but first I have something to tell you” she said, tossing her abaya and jumping on my bed.
“Ok so what is it?” I asked as I picked up her abaya and hung it up so it wouldn’t get creased.
“Deema at least try to act interested” She said irritably. I could see she was getting mad but didn’t really care; I loved torturing her this way.
“agoolech no one told you to wake me from sleep you know what a crappy mood I have in the morning”
“Please I suffered enough through our last year of high school, please make sure you don’t get any early morning classes in college sweetie” She said laughing softly.
“Don’t even mention college to me I’m still mad at my parents for not letting me go to the college of my dreams”
“ma7ad galech, your living in a dream world if you think your parents will let you travel abroad to study”
She was right of course since my parents were strict and didn’t let me get away with half the stuff her parents did.
I sat in front of the mirror and started brushing my black hair, I tried puffing it up like Manal’s hair but it stubbornly refused and slid silkily out of my grasp.
Manal came up behind me and twisted my hair up into a cute up do.
“I love your straight hair D”
“And I would kill for your bleached blonde locks”
We sat there smiling at each other through the mirror, me with my huge caramel eyes and pouty but small lips and little cute nose, my pale skin looked freakish when I compared it to Manal’s glowing complexion, her almond shaped eyes sexily rimmed with black kohl and large Angelina like lips glossed a bright shade of pink.
I hated comparing myself to her, I was pretty yes but she was gorgeous.

“So tell me, what’s the important news?”
She Grinned, “Deema… I’m in LOVE”
“Oh God” I groaned, Manal fell in and out of love on a monthly basis, she was like a beautiful butterfly flitting from one flower to the next. “So who’s the vict…I mean Lucky guy”
“It’s Ghaith” she said blushing.
I could see my reaction reflected in the mirror, my face fell but I quickly replaced it with a frozen smile. Ghaith, my neighbor it can’t be him.
“So how did it happen?”
“Well you know how we’ve been studying together these past few weeks at your house, well I met him outside your house and …”She continued to tell me the story but my mind was racing to figure out how I could save him from the inevitable heart break that would surely follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IM LOVIN' IT! XD
mcdonalds ;p

dont worry ull get used to my sa5afaness :O)

Anonymous said...

J