Thursday, May 28, 2009

Forever Yours 6

The next month passed in a whirlwind of laces, silks and tons and tons of preparations, I had witnessed Reem and my sister Dana getting married but I was either too young or too busy with school to comprehend how much work it was. All the groom had to do was wait until his wedding day and shower, shave, put on his kandoora like any other day and it was done. I was sick of being prodded and scrubbed, it was my wedding day, and I felt sick to my stomach. Part of me wanted to curl up in bed and hide, calm down Deema and look at the big picture you’re finally getting what you always wanted. The prospect of studying abroad was what kept me sane, but I was ignoring the fact that I would be doing it as a married woman.

“Look at your face in the mirror 7abeebty you look so beautiful” said Reem, who was staying with me till the party started. I missed Manal, this is a moment you wanted to share with your best friend, she would tell me to relax and that my hair wasn’t too poofy and I didn’t look like a plastic doll, which is how I felt. But our friendship had gotten so mixed up I wondered if we’d ever be in the same room again.
“Are you ready, they’re waiting for you?”
Ok this is it Deema, there’s no turning back now.

* * *

The wedding went by in a daze, my only moment of comfort was when Ghaith showed up and sat next to me, he looked handsome and was grinning, and he gave me a peck on my forehead which almost sent me into hysterical giggles. He held my hand and whispered in my ear.
“Must put on a show for the ladies”
“Believe me you’ll be the hot topic of the month”
“Ha ha I know they love me bas intee 6al3a ‘3air elyoum” he whispered.
I stared at him angrily “Are you making fun of me? Coz you know I can’t hit you in front of these women?”
“La Wallah I’m serious you look gorgeous” He grinned wickedly.
My heart started beating quickly, Deema don’t be an idiot, Ghaith has a thing for Manal don’t forget that.

4 comments:

wed-locked said...

Alaaaaaaaa i LOVE ur storyyyyy =D

go on gooooo oon! =D

Hend said...

i am already following its great so far keep up

Hend said...

http:/hendanda.blogspot.com

tots said...

i really like it! keep on going <3

blatpenguin.blogspot.com ;)