Saturday, May 30, 2009

Forever Yours 7

The next month passed in a whirlwind of laces, silks and tons and tons of preparations, I had witnessed Reem and my sister Dana getting married but I was either too young or too busy with school to comprehend how much work it was. All the groom had to do was wait until his wedding day and shower, shave, put on his kandoora like any other day and it was done. I was sick of being prodded and scrubbed, it was my wedding day, and I felt sick to my stomach. Part of me wanted to curl up in bed and hide, calm down Deema and look at the big picture you’re finally getting what you always wanted. The prospect of studying abroad was what kept me sane, but I was ignoring the fact that I would be doing it as a married woman.
“Look at your face in the mirror 7abeebty you look so beautiful” said Reem, who was staying with me till the party started. I missed Manal, this is a moment you wanted to share with your best friend, she would tell me to relax and that my hair wasn’t too poofy and I didn’t look like a plastic doll, which is how I felt. But our friendship had gotten so mixed up I wondered if we’d ever be in the same room again.
“Are you ready, they’re waiting for you?”
Ok this is it Deema, there’s no turning back now.

* * *

The wedding went by in a daze, my only moment of comfort was when Ghaith showed up and sat next to me, he looked handsome and was grinning, and he gave me a peck on my forehead which almost sent me into hysterical giggles. He held my hand and whispered in my ear.
“Must put on a show for the ladies”
“Believe me you’ll be the hot topic of the month”
“Ha ha I know they love me bas intee 6al3a ‘3air elyoum” he whispered.
I stared at him angrily “are you making fun of me? Coz you know I can’t hit you in front of these women?”
“La Wallah I’m serious you look gorgeous” He grinned wickedly.
My heart started beating quickly, Deema don’t be an idiot, Ghaith has a thing for Manal don’t forget that.

It was finally over, I felt like an actress getting of the stage after a dramatic scene. The photographer was gone, our parents had left, it was just us now, me and my husband.
“So what’s next?” I asked.
“Well I don’t know about you but I’m tired and don’t forget we have a flight to catch tomorrow”
“Yeah Ok but where will you sleep?” I asked shyly.
Ghaith raised an eyebrow and stared at me.
Thank God I had a layer of makeup on my face so he couldn’t see how my cheeks had turned a bright shade of red.
“Deema, I’ll sleep on the floor, just go get dressed and go to sleep”
My damned cheeks wouldn’t stop their blushing.
I went into the bathroom and washed most of the makeup of my face, and contemplated how I would make it out of the room and into bed without Ghaith seeing me, I stared at the nightgown my mother forced me to buy, willing it to turn into something more decent. Ghaith’s knocking on the door was the only thing that made me move. I slipped into the silky white nightgown and wrapped the lacy robe around me. I opened the door slightly and peeked outside, Ghaith was no where to be seen, I guessed he left the room and made a leap for the bed. I quickly tucked myself in and closed my eyes to fake sleep.
“That was fast” he said from under the covers.
“Bismillah! What the hell are you doing in the bed?” I screamed.
“Well I couldn’t find any extra pillows, bed sheets or anything in this room and I need to sleep”
“And you expect me to sleep here, next to you?” I said sarcastically.
“Well I don’t know about you but I’m too tired and come on it’s just a bed, don’t be such a baby about this”
I lay there silently hearing his breathing in the darkness, the last thought I had was I will never be able to sleep next to him.

I dreamt I was in an amusement park with the safety belt holding my waist tightly until I could barely breathe; I woke up realizing Ghaith was hugging me tightly in his sleep. It was six in the morning and my alarm was ringing incessantly. We had two hours to get ready before our flight. I tried prying Ghaith’s arm from around me but it only made him hug me tighter now with both arms. This is ridiculous!
“Ghaith wake up!” I screamed.
“wha- what’s going on?” he said groggily, “Oh God I’m sorry Deema I must have been dreaming.”
Dreaming of whom, I wondered.

7 comments:

Maitha* said...

Aww its a nice story, keep it up :)

Cuteandcuddly said...

yeah i can comment "jumping "

i have been tryng to comment for the last posts but it doesnt work
:(

oh he is dreaming about her right please say yes :)
walla i think he loves her from before but didnt know until she said yes right :)

oh my god they are cute !!!!!!!!

next please :)

Anonymous said...

is this a true story?????


can't wait till they really get in love ;p

wed-locked said...

HAHA ghaaaaaith is SO CUTE!
I would've just hugged him back <3
LOOL
=D

Dazzlin said...

awwww inshalla he was dreaming of her.. ahhh cant wait 4 the next post.. PLZ POST SOON .. Loving your story daaahling..

Hend said...

ALLAA Cute 7abait el story keep up your good work ;**

Unknown said...

i want MORE! xD
Mashalla rwa3aaaaa <3