Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Forever Yours 5

I’m not usually an impulsive person but something about Manal’s tone and the fact she was in Paris probably having a great time got to me, and made me act childish. I called Reem and it turned out she was out. Ufff! Mush wagtah!
I ran up to the roof and peeked into their garage I could see Ghaith’s car parked there and felt relief, at least he was home. I knew I couldn’t just walk over to their house especially since my parents were home but I had to find a way to talk to him. I called Reem up again.
“Halla Reem, sorry to bother you but I needed to ask you if you saw my mum’s diamond bracelet I was wearing it that day when I came to help you pack your baby’s things… I was wondering if there was anyone home who could look for it.”
“I could tell the maid but I think it’s better if I tell Ghaith or Hamad, I’ll call you back sweetie with an update”
“uuuum actually I’m in a hurry maybe it’ll be faster if I speak to them myself?”
Yes! I finally got his number, I quickly sent a text to Ghaith to let him call me urgently.

“Halla Ghaith, thank God you called”
“Laish ma 3endech re9eed?”
“Shuuuu? No I just thought you wouldn’t answer if you didn’t know it was me”
He laughed lazily, that’s when I realized he was intentionally teasing me.
“I’m guessing the 17 missed calls I got from Manal are your fault?”
“Yeah I kind of told her about … us”
“Ok so the plan is on? You know if you agree to this there’s no going back right?”
A huge lump wedged itself in my throat, “Yes I get it”
“Ok that’s good because I already told my parents and my mother talked to your mother this morning, in fact she should be telling you by now”
The knock on my door sent me jumping of the bed.
“I’m going to kill you” I whispered before hanging up.

I opened the door to find my mother all teary eyed.
“7abeebty banootatyah Deema” she said hugging me.
What followed was the most uncomfortable conversation of my life; I knew my mum had gone through this before with my sister Dana but I felt like I was playing a game of make-believe.
Thankfully, my parents approved of Ghaith and everything was going according to plan.
We would have a small family wedding since it was summer and lots of our friends and family weren’t even in the country. We had a month to prepare and we’d be in the UK before college starts.
I called Ghaith up as soon as my mum left the room.

“You could have warned me you know”
“And hello to you too ya ‘5a6eebty” he laughed “you wouldn’t have had that doe-eyed expression if you knew it was coming”
“Oh please, what if I said No to your plan?”
“Then you could have said no, simple as that”
“Except that my dad wouldn’t have let me refuse you, you idiot”
“Oh come on this is a time for celebration Deema try to act happy”
“Are you happy?” I whispered.
“Deema I wouldn’t want to be doing this with anyone else” He said softly.
My heart started beating hurriedly, “Yeah coz no other girl would be stupid enough to go through this plan with you” I said trying to lighten the suddenly serious mood.
“You’re not stupid, you’re an evil genius” He said, I could imagine the huge grin on his face as he said that.
“Good Night Ghaith”
“Good Night Deema”
As I got ready for bed, Reem called me, ecstatic about the news about me and Ghaith.
“I can’t believe you two kept that a secret from me!”
“7beebty Reem it all happened so fast I didn’t want to jinx it and your brother told me to keep it a secret”
“That’s Ghaith’s way, wayed mysterious hal ensan, so did you find your bracelet?”
“Bracelet? Oh the bracelet turned out to be in my room, sorry about that”
“Don’t worry 7beebty, it must be your secret romance that made you all forgetful” she said laughing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

reem is soo 5iblaa.. she reminds me of myself!! :P