Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Forever Yours 8

I completed five hours on the plane sitting next to Ghaith completely and utterly silent, I didn’t want to look at him, talk to him or even hear his voice. I sat their listening to my iPod staring out the window, when he gently tapped on my shoulder.
I took the earphones out and turned to face him, the look of sadness on his face surprised me.
“Deema Wallah ma kan qasdy shay, I was dreaming and that’s it”
“I just can’t accept that we let it get to that level, I mean I always dreamt of the first night I would sleep in a man’s arms and I wanted it to be the man I married”
“Well we are married, technically”
“adree bas its not real, and I don’t want those lines blurred”
“Ok I’m sorry, please forgive me”
“I guess we just have to be more careful from now on” I turned my face so he wouldn’t see the tears running down my cheeks; I was suddenly overcome with sadness.
“I hope we can work these things out and I want you to be able to trust me”
“I trust you Ghaith it’s just I guess I’m feeling overwhelmed after the stress of the past month”
“At least now we won’t have to act in front of our family” he said.

Ghaith’s three bedroom apartment was gorgeous, it had a classic style with spacious rooms, and I felt comfortable in it instantly. It turned out his father bought this apartment a long time ago. He showed me my room and I loved it, it was pretty and had a few girlish touches, it turned out Reem decorated it during her visits to the UK with her family.
Once we got settled, Ghaith took me out to celebrate our successful plan; he took me to a little Italian place near his apartment which he loved. After dinner we went back to the apartment and I went to my room to sleep since I was exhausted.

Two Months Later

Ghaith and I settled into a routine with him going to classes and my design courses; we barely saw each other these days. He usually went out with his friends and I would sit home alone a lot, I felt him drifting away from me but I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea for me to pressure him into spending time with me, maybe it was better this way for us but I was getting lonely. I made a few friends from college but I felt out of place without my best friend to guide me, today was a Saturday and since it was a weekend I had plans to improve my friendship with Ghaith by cooking him breakfast for a change. I had everything ready and I was making pancakes when he walked into the kitchen.
“9aba7 il ‘5air Deema, Mashallah 3alaich it looks like you’re having people over or something”
“Actually this is for you, I haven’t seen you for ages and I thought I could cook us breakfast for a change”
“I’m so sorry” he said apologetically, with a sheepish grin on his face “but my friends and I have a football match today and I’m getting late”
I tried to hide my disappointment, “maybe next time then” I said.
As soon as he left the kitchen I took the huge pile of pancakes and threw it in the bin, I didn’t have an appetite for breakfast anymore, I went and changed into a pair of jeans and floaty pink top that wasn’t really suitable since it was cold outside but I didn’t care I wanted to feel pretty and feminine, I put a little gloss on and lined my eyes with kohl.
I wasn’t going to stay home alone any more feeling sorry for myself.
The girls I got to know from college were always trying to get me to go out more but since I was shy I used to refuse, I called up Dalal who was the friendliest of the girls and the one I could call up without worrying about akward silences in the conversation.
“Deema Halla sweetie, you decided to finally get out of your cage”
“Yeah finally I know” I said laughing, we decided to meet up in a coffee shop.

When I got there she was waiting for me, Dalal was a pretty girl from Kuwait with an amazing sense of style, always looked so put together but she never made me feel bad about how I dressed since I always opted for something comfortable instead of pretty.
“Deema you look so pretty today! Finally in something other than those dark colors you wear”
“I wish I had your sense of style” I said shyly. “but seriously I don’t think its worth getting dressed up for college”
“Yeah but you’re married, doesn’t your husband get to see you as pretty as you look today”
I sipped my latte and contemplated whether I should tell her my story, Dalal was a sweet girl but could I trust her? She was very mature and kind and its about time I opened up to someone other than Manal.
I started to tell her little bits of the story but soon it all came pouring out.
“And so now we barely see each other”
“and you’ve been living with this burden for this whole time, you need to win him over, how long are you going to live this lie, what if he finds someone else?” she said “or worse already did, I mean you say he’s never home”
“I doubt it he was really hurt by Manal”
“Wallah you’re so cute and naïve about guys, yallah we need to get you a serious hotness makeover, so we can see if this thing between you and Ghaith has any potential”
“But I’m not interested in Ghaith in that way, I just want us to be friends”
“Friends?! Yallah Deema lets go before I strangle you instead”
Dalal was super stubborn and didn’t give me a chance to defend myself.
She took me shopping first and we bought a few tops in colors I never dreamed of wearing and pants that showed off my curvy shape, and long dresses. We also bought some colorful pretty scarves.
“Dalal bas I’m exhausted and starving” I said, she changed my whole outfit and every time I caught a glimpse of myself I was surprised, she chose a dark purple high necked top, and a soft wool coat and chose a silver belt for me, for the hotness factor, and dark jeans.
“No way were almost done but I have to take you to a makeup counter where they will show you how to bring out those gorgeous eyes of yours”
I sighed but I knew I would be wasting my time by trying to fight her on this.
As I sat there getting my makeup done I was afraid I would look different and not like myself when I heard…

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

no no continue plz plz i can't wait ot knw wht she heard

loving u and ur amazing story

Dazzlin said...

WHEN U HEARD?! WHO DID U HEAR?! omg loool im loving ur story bas this cliffhanger is killing me right now LOOOL.. i soo cant wait 4 ur next post.. plz dnt leave me wait 4 long LOL.. jk daaaahling tyt..

Cuteandcuddly said...

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

i LOVE DALAL WALLA SHE IS GREAT !!!!!!!!!

i WANT A MAKE OVER !!!!!!!!

AND WHO DID YOU HEAR I AM WITH DAZLIN WHATS UP WITH THE CLIFF HANGERS :(

wed-locked said...

AH MAN yallla kamleeeeeee <3!!!! =O
akeed its GHAITH w he's like UR OUT OF UR CAGE

LOOOOOL =D
cnt wait for the next post
<3 <3 :D

Hend said...

Great mashalla.. please continue i love your story ;*

Maitha* said...

no no no why did you stooooooop :( continueeeee :D
love the storyyyyyyyy

FooFii said...

i loved the post keep it up <3 ..
and oh visit my blog i need your opinion on something <3

Zuzzy:** said...

SHE HEAAAAAAAAAAARD??!?!??!?! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ LET IT BE GAITH!!!!!

awwwwwwwwwwww wayed katkoota dalal..

Anonymous said...

WHO WHAT WHEN WHY WHOO?!?

LAAAAAAAAA2!! TARA UR POSTS ARE EXTREMELY SHORT!! UNFAIR!!

sh. said...

WOOOOOOOOooooowww!!!!!!
I AM LOVVVVVing ur story wallah <3

truly looking 4wrd to the next parts ;D i'm hooked!

<3