Thursday, June 4, 2009

Forever Yours 10

I knew I cared about him but I think I was just confused and taking Dalal’s words too seriously. I washed my face and changed into my comfiest pjs but I was too restless to sleep so I decided to head to the kitchen to make me some hot chocolate. I could see Ghaith in the living room watching TV but I decided to ignore him.
I didn’t expect him to follow me into the kitchen.
“Deema I think we need to talk about our situation”
“Ok then talk” I said as I took the milk out of the fridge and started heating it up.
“I want to be clear that I wasn’t trying to control you I was just ‘5ayef 3alaich, when I came home and didn’t find you here you had me worried”
“I came into the apartment minutes after you, I even saw you when I was coming down the road” I hinted at what I saw, I didn’t want to say anything about the blonde girl.
“I was here for an hour with my friend and his wife who I wanted you to meet, I think you saw them leaving” he said “bas shaklech kinty jealous” he said with a tiny smile which he tried to hide.
I turned my blushing face and started stirring the chocolate into the milk, I was so embarrassed.
“I wasn’t jealous I was just angry at your double standards, ba3dain hathee awal mara a6la3 feeha min ziman”
“I know I haven’t been spending time with you Deema and it’s just because I don’t want you feeling uncomfortable, I didn’t think you want me around” he said sounding hurt.
“Its ok Ghaith you don’t owe me anything”
“La bil3aks, let me make it up to you we’ll go out to lunch tomorrow, Shu rayech?”
“Lunch? La sorry I have plans with Dalal” I didn’t plan on lying but I couldn’t mention Thyab at a time like this.
“Ok then dinner” he said with a smile.

I didn’t wake up till 11 the next morning since we sat up watching a movie; I made myself a cup of coffee when I got a message from Thyab saying he was looking forward to seeing me again. I started to get ready and dressed in an outfit Dalal picked out for me yesterday, it was a printed dress with a cropped jacket, it was something we both agreed on I liked it because it was soft and comfy and Dalal said the colors made me look pretty. I didn’t want to look too made up so I put on a little moisturizer and pink gloss and a little black eye shadow just on the corners of my eyes to make them stand out.
I planned on telling Ghaith about the lunch today since I felt guilty for lying to him but he was out so I sent him a text:

I’m meeting my cousin Thyab for lunch today,
sorry I didn’t say anything yesterday but I didn’t
want you to get mad. :) I’ll explain later.


When I got to the restaurant Thyab was already waiting for me.
“Halla ib ‘5a6eebty” He said with a devilish grin.
“Halla Thyab, you know you have to stop that, I’m a married woman now” I said but I couldn’t help smiling.
He gave me a cryptic stare, I felt like he wanted to say something but stopped himself.
“How is Ghaith by the way? Does he know about us meeting today?” He asked.
“Yes I told him why?
“Because if I had a wife as beautiful as you I wouldn’t let her go to lunch with another man, especially one like myself”
I tried to laugh off his compliment but it sent my heart racing, his intense stare was distracting.
“Allah y3een your future wife, don’t make me regret meeting you today” I said. Deema you are going to regret this, I felt so stupid.
“Deema I’m messing with you. Latiz3ileen” He said.
“So what are you really doing in the UK?” I asked trying to change the subject. “I thought you were graduating next year”
“I got bored” he said, turning away from me.
I guessed it was a touchy subject; Thayb’s dad was a self made business man who worked hard and built himself an empire. Thyab was the third son and it was expected that he would work for his father without even continuing his education, like all the other guys in his situation, but my uncle insisted that all his sons study and get degrees. Thyab was the black sheep of the family, the playboy who refused to settle down.
I still saw the stubborn little kid who wanted to stand out between his brothers, who were all successful now. I guess he found his own way of standing out. We were the same in that way, we didn’t want to fit into the roles our parents prepared for us.
“So you didn’t know I was getting married?” I asked.
“I’m not really in touch with the family” He said suddenly serious. “Look Deema I want you to know I’m here for you if Ghaith ever does anything to hurt you”
I was just about to defend Ghaith when I saw something push Thyab out of his chair.
“Ghaaaaith!” I screamed.

9 comments:

wed-locked said...

=O!!!!!! AAAAAA

Anonymous said...

AYSHAY!! AYSHAY!!!!
ANOTHER POST PLEEASE GABEL MAA ETNAMEED :D
pretty please with cherry on top (A) :P

-Nightmare

A*MODE said...

WHOOAA !! where did that come from .. Yummy drama!!

You're such a great writer mashalla, and the story is superb!

Cuteandcuddly said...

yeah drama !!!!!!!!!!!!

love it !!!!!!!!!!1
cool cant wait for the next one :)

please dont let me hanging i already tried that and fell in a swiming pool :P

i dont think will have the same luck :(

please my hands are hurting me holding to this cliff.

Save me by posting ;p

sh. said...

omg! :o

Emnilia said...

ABBAAAAI!! LAISH!! NEXT POST!!!;P

♥ H ♥ said...

oooh my gooood

shuuu bystwee >> plzzz write the post today ..

i cant wait *.*

ya 7bibi thyab laish '9rbook 7sby alla 3leek ya ghaith lool

keep it up sweety

=)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR STORY TAWNI GARAIT.HA KILHA!:p aabaaaaaaih Allah yastir !! SHB9EEEEEER!!!?
POST SOOON PLLLLLLLZ :*
-Munera

KWA;* said...

Hurrry up and post!! i soo wanna know what happens!! im addicted thanks 2 u ;P
hurry
hurry
hurry
please
please
please
loooool =)