Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Forever Yours 13

I sat for an hour after Ghaith left frozen in my place, I wasn’t sure if I should be pissed at him or myself. I still wasn’t sure if I did anything wrong or why I cared so much about Ghaith’s opinion of me. That’s what hurt the most, the fact that I disappointed him. I couldn’t bear the thought of losing him. Deema where are these ideas coming from? Could it be? Did I Love him? The one man I was wasn’t supposed to fall in love with.
My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Ghaith unlocking the door; he had a huge bunch of flowers in a vase in front of him. Red roses too, he’s such a romantic, I thought to myself with a smile on my face.
“Ghaith thank you but you shouldn’t have” I said smiling shyly.
“E7m well I didn’t, this is for my mother, and you remember I said my family is coming tomorrow” he said, as he put them on a table.
“Oh” I said, I wanted to hit him on the head with those stupid flowers, I knew he was doing this on purpose to piss me off.
“These are for you” He said pulling a smaller bouquet of pink roses from behind his back with a huge grin on his face, he knew I loved the color pink.
I couldn’t help it I ran up to him and gave him a hug, wrapping my arms around his muscular chest, “Thank you” I whispered. For a moment there I thought he hated me and I couldn’t bear it. I could hear his heart beats quicken before he gently pushed me away.
“Deema?” He stared at me intently; his eyes had a million questions he couldn’t ask me.
“I’m sorry” I said before I ran to my room, I wasn’t ready for this. I had never been in love before. Actually I didn’t even believe in love and now it was all happening too fast.
“Deema” He said as he knocked on my door.
I opened it, but I couldn’t look him in the eye, instead I stared at his chest.
“You need to move your things into my room before my parents get here” He said, with a mischievous smile on his face.
Well done Deema, perfect timing for discovering you love the man you’re about to share a room with!
The next morning I got up early to tidy up the apartment, it was already clean thanks to the maid service we had but I didn’t want my in-laws to find anything wrong with the apartment. I made them some juice and arranged their breakfast, by the time they arrived everything was ready. As soon as I saw Ghaith’s mom I went up to her and hugged her, my eyes started to well-up. She reminded me so much of home and my own mother who I didn’t realize I missed so much.
“7abeebty Deema, sh7alech 3asach b’7air? Wallah twalahna 3alaikum” She said hugging me back, I didn’t feel awkward around her since I spent most of my childhood in their home.
We sat with them catching up on the news of people back home, with updates on Reem and her baby boy.
“Inshallah banshouf 3yalkum greeb” Ghaith’s mother said as she showed us pictures in her phone of Reem’s son.
“La Umayah Deema ba3adha 9’3eera” Ghaith said laughing.
I blushed and turned away. This was beyond embarrassing, I felt like a little kid.
I couldn’t wait till this discussion was over.
The day flew by since I was dreading the moment I would have to go into Ghaith’s room. My stomach was full of butterflies; I barely ate anything at lunch or dinner. I went out with Ghaith’s mom to do a little shopping since they were only here for a few days and she didn’t want to miss a moment of shopping, they were going to the US after that so she was shopping for her twins. They just graduated from high school and both went to the States and their parents were going to check on them. I loved Ghaith’s parents they travelled together and still acted like a couple in love, I hope one day Ghaith and I would be like that, such thoughts kept on creeping up on me all day.
Finally the day was over and I just wanted to throw myself into blissful sleep, when I remembered Ghaith. When I went into the room he was already there, sitting outside in the tiny balcony smoking he was already dressed in a vest and pj bottoms.
I took my button up navy blue silk pjs since they were the only long sleeved ones I had and went into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and brushed my hair which fell silkily around me. Ghaith was on the couch trying to sleep but he looked so uncomfortable since his feet were hanging over the side.
I went up to him and peeked to see if his eyes were open, my hair fell over his face and I quickly moved back.
“Bismillah!” He said jumping up.
He was so close; I could barely breathe without touching him.
“Sorry” I said “I just wanted to tell you I’ll sleep on the couch since I’m short and it wouldn’t be a problem” I was staring at his feet blabbering. Fashla! He must have thought he was in a Japanese horror movie.
He agreed, and I was lying on the couch four hours later with my eyes still open, thinking of what his mom would think if she saw me. Some time later I fell into restless sleep.
I woke up hugging the pillow and dreaming it was Ghaith, I could almost smell him, I whispered his name and heard ..
“Deema?” I woke up and realized this wasn’t a pillow I was hugging; I could feel him shaking with laughter.
I jumped up and ran to the bathroom; I was never leaving this room!

The next day in college I was telling Dalal about all the drama that happened since I saw her.
“Wallah a7la shay a man that gets protective” She sighed “I would love to have guys fighting over me, anyway shakla my makeover worked!”
I just laughed.
“And now he loves you” she said with a grin.
“Do you really think he does?” I asked shyly, I could feel the blush creeping up my cheeks.
“Ha Ha you love him too! 3eraft inich t7ebenah! And you were keeping it a secret from me” She said, with a smug smile on her face.
“Dalal tarany ba’6rebch I’m so exhausted I didn’t sleep at all last night”
“OMG did you two…” Her mouth was hanging open.
“Ya 7mara no we didn’t do anything, I slept on the couch bas I couldn’t sleep because I was nervous I mean it’s different when his parents are halfway across the world not when they’re in the next room” I said “Bas the most embarrassing thing happened to me!”
“Shu?” she asked.
“I woke up in his bed hugging him! Bamoot min il fashla, I think I got up at night to go to the bathroom and fell asleep on the bed, the only good thing was that I didn’t drool all over him. Dalal shu asawee?!”
But she was too busy laughing to answer my question.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oo love the story walla it makes me smile
-M

м ♥ said...

wooooooow i lovvvvve it XD

msssssskeena Demmaa loool

thank u 4 the post
waitting 4 another =)

FMA said...

You posted! love ur story! please la6awleen 3ala the next part:*

Summer Fling said...

She's so cute;p

oo enshallah she realize that she is in love with him<3

Dreamer;* said...

haha wallah she's the cutest..
and Ghaith is so charing I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;p

KWA;* said...

hehehe i was smiling the entire time i love this story!!!! plz update again i want 2 read lol

(i sound like an addict ;P)

wed-locked said...

AWW cuuuuuuuute <3

saks said...

looool wayed romatic awWWw... yalla write write write dont keep us all waiting for long ;-)

Anonymous said...

is there a post tonight????

Anonymous said...

THIS STORY IS JUST CUTE! WAYED ESHAWGOOON! 7adha one of the best stories!!
La t6awleen 3alaina bil next post PLZ :)
-Munera

Anonymous said...

THIS STORY IS JUST CUTE! WAYED ESHAWGOOON! 7adha one of the best stories!!
La t6awleen 3alaina bil next post PLZ :)
-Munera

Anonymous said...

I'm dieing to read ur next poooooooooooooost... plzzzzzzzzzzzzz lat6awleeeen 3allaaaainaaa;**
looooooooooooov u