Sunday, June 7, 2009

Forever Yours 12

This post is dedicated to all the Ghaith Lovers out there ^_^ A7ibkum

From Ghaith’s Point of view:

I stood outside smoking a cigarette trying to get control of my nerves, Ya ‘3abi do you want to ruin your chances with her? I asked myself. It broke my heart to see the woman I loved cry; she looked so young and innocent. I knew it was a bad idea from the start, tricking her into marrying me this way but I knew that she would never accept a proposal from me. She didn’t share my feelings and thought I was in love with her best friend, in other words forbidden. I always had the idea that she would be the person I wanted to share my life with, but when I went to AD this summer I was sure she was the perfect one for me.
When we first met she was sitting outside their house in the hot sun with a wisp of silky black hair escaping from her shaila, her cheeks a gentle shade of pink. She was nervous and shy, but I found myself opening up to her about my hopes and dreams in a way I could never have done with anyone.
Unlike Manal her friend, who tried every trick in the book to get me to talk to her, she even got my number and had the boldness to call me up at all hours. Sending Love messages and songs, but her desperate attempts were lost on me. One day I got so sick of her calls that I picked up ready to shout at her.
“Halla Ghaith, why are you being so mean to me 7bebe can’t you see I’m in love with you”
“Aba 3arf shay intee 9a7ya wela maynoona, where the hell did this love come from! I don’t even know you”
“Bas ana a7ibek from the moment we met outside your house ou I can’t stop thinking of you”
“Law sama7tee ana akrah 7arakat el yehal hay so please don’t call me again”
“Ghaith 7aram 3alaik!” she sobbed.
Oh Shit! Now she’s crying.
“Manal I didn’t want to hurt you but I’m in a relationship with someone else”
“Who is she?! Is she prettier than me?” She asked.
I rolled my eyes, girls were so superficial.
“You don’t know her she’s in the UK so please stop calling me, were in love”
That was the last I heard from Manal but her meddling in my life messed up my plans with Deema. She came to our house and I couldn’t believe my luck the minute I saw her standing at the door hesitating and then trying to run away.
We sat in the garden and she started saying something about Manal, I knew from Reem that they thought Manal broke up with me. I didn’t want to hear that girl’s name but I didn’t want to af’6a7ha either. I couldn’t stop staring at Deema, my heart racing. She looked so beautiful her large eyes mirroring her emotions; she was so scared of being alone with me.
“I don’t want to talk about her!” I said angrily.
“Sorry” She whispered.
“Anway intee ma y’59ech” I said, lighting up another cigarette, I hadn’t felt this nervous around a girl since I was a teenager.
“I know but she’s my friend and I could have warned you about her”
I couldn’t help laughing at her words, like I couldn’t handle a girl like Manal. I wanted to hold her in my arms but I knew she would think I was a crazy pervert.
“I don’t have to put up with this” She said getting up to leave. I could see I had hurt her so I grabbed her wrist, I could feel her pulse racing.
“Wait, don’t leave” I said.
“Ok but I won’t stay if you keep on treating me this way” She said, I hid my grin at her anger.
“Deema you have to understand that I’m not a kid for a girl like that to truly hurt me, it was more of a blow to my ego, but I feel suffocated in AD after what happened and my family is making it very difficult for me to leave”
“Well ... what can you do?”
“I have no idea” I said.
“I can’t bear the thought of marrying a complete stranger and time is running out if I want to start by next semester.”
“Come on Ghaith I’m sure your mum will pick a pretty girl for you”
“It’s not about looks bas ma aba a’9lemha ma3aya, I’m not interested in a relationship right now” I couldn’t tell her about my feelings, she wouldn’t understand.
“Well then you should marry me”She said jokingly “I’d never fall for you”
I stared at her, hurt by her careless words but it gave me an idea.
“Ghaith you know ana amza7 ma3ak right?”
“well Deema that actually gave me a great idea, you know how you always wanted to study abroad, why don’t we make this a reality for you without you having to deal with your family’s strict rules” I couldn’t believe what I was saying.
“Come on Ghaith” She giggled nervously “you can’t be serious”
“Look I promise not to give you any pressure; this is strictly a marriage on paper only.”
“I have to think about it” She said, she got up to go; we traded emails since we decided to finish this online via messenger.
I never did anything crazy like that before, but Deema made me act reckless and nervous, I was crazy about her.I couldn’t stop thinking about her and I finally approached my family to get things official.
Things moved quickly after that, I was happy at the way things were going but unsure of how Deema would react.
On our wedding day I was especially nervous, my friend Tariq had flown in from the UK for the occasion. He sat with me joking and trying to lighten the mood. I didn’t tell anyone about the secret plan with Deema but I told Tariq at the time because I couldn’t handle the stress anymore.
“Ghaith shbalak inta yanait?”
“Laish? she’s too young to understand my reasons”
“La wallah since when is 18 young, banat fy sinha are doing balawee. Plus you don’t want anything impossible”
“La I want a loving wife, not a robot who thinks I’m in love with her best friend”
“Do you think if she knows you’re tricking her she would be ok with it?”
“Maybe if she’s in love with me” I said grinning.
He just laughed.
She was a beautiful bride, and I couldn’t help not telling her that. The wedding night was torture; I couldn’t have imagined how difficult it was to be so close to her and her being my wife and not touching her. I even dreamt of hugging her close and woke up to find it a reality.
After that incident I felt like what I had done was a mistake, my intention was never to hurt Deema. After that I made an effort to leave her alone so that she would feel comfortable. It turned out that I was driving her towards her cousin Thyab all along, I felt like such an idiot. When I got her message this morning I went crazy thinking of all the places she could be. Thyab of all people was a person I despised, we were the same age and both studied abroad but we headed in opposite directions. He was a well known playboy, leaving broken hearts wherever he went. If he even touched her I would have killed him, I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down. Now my parents were coming and that would only lead to more complications with Deema, Ghaith you idiot what did you get yourself into!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIRST

M said...

7abeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeby wayed 7abaita!!! that's so sweet!!!

wed-locked said...

<3 awwwwww ghaaaaaith is the cutesst
hahah omg he married her cz he loved her cuuuuuTE

Anonymous said...

wwaaaaay zaaaaw8a!! 7esbaleee mn9ija!!!!
yalla let something interesting happen!!!

-Nightmare

saks said...

Love ur post , its nice how u wrote his side of the story 9idg rayaal ..hehe
post post post ... ;-)

Shamma said...

M thanks dear ...Glad you liked it

Wed-Locked Thanks sweetie ^_^

Nightmare what did u mean? i didnt understand ur comment

Saks lol i will i will i will :P

Unknown said...

I love him more now !
mashalla k2naa film :D
cant wait lain elparents arrive xp

м ♥ said...

XD XD << read it slowly 5ft y5l9 el post bsr3a =P

thaaaaaanks 4 the posssst & poor Ghaith =( Liked the part when he dreamt about her and hugged her in realityyyy >>thaaaaaats so so sweeeeet

New Post as sooon as u caaan PLZ >_<"

Anonymous said...

zaw8a as in cute oo i thought his plan was for what he said it was not because he loved her
:P

-Nightmare

KWA;* said...

aaaaaaaaaaw i really liked this post!!!!! its soooo cute!! ghaith is amaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!

Anonymous said...

Awww Ghaith is sooo cutee!;*
Your story is amazing it got me hooked!;p
& Plss we want a new post!!;**

-N;*

sh. said...

Ghaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiith A7Bek!!!! :$ hehehe

SD said...

Hi.........i am a silent reader

OMG 7ada eshawig Ghaith...oo pls another LONG post;**

Shamma said...

Shamsa LoL thanks ^_^

Mona I'll try but lonber posts take longer time ;)

Nightmare Thanks for clearing that up i thought it was an insult or something :)

Chocoloco thanks sweetie

N Thank you

Shamayel LoooL ^_~

SD thanks dear

and thanks to all the readers ur support keeps me going with this story Glad you all liked it